Terry - Civil Engineer from Canada

A little about yourself – name, geography, anything you’re comfortable with.

Hey guys, I’m a civil engineer who just finished up university in Canada and just finished my 3rd month with the City of Vancouver doing project management for public works.

What skills and perspectives can you share with this community that are appropriate and could add value?

I can provide time management tips on how to balance your social, work, family, and love life. I’ve always been busy with doing extracurricular and leadership roles throughout university and I’m still doing personal and professional development outside of work.

What would you like to learn most from this community?

How to find the best way and strategy to study for the FE.

What is the next step on your professional journey? Learning more? Doing more? Please share with us!

I would be interested in the real estate and property development industry down the road. Getting an FE would open doors for me in the United States and in the future I can see myself getting an MBA overseas.

Hi @homewerk, thanks for sharing!

Do you use software or journaling to accomplish balance? What works and does not work for you? Please share what you think could be helpful, even in future posts.

Any idea what your focus would be?

Another question, @homewerk, has climate change impacted your public sector work? If so, how? If not, how come?