Samiha Singh, An Introduction

A little about yourself – name, geography, anything you’re comfortable with.
Hi! My name is Samiha Singh and I am a freshman this year studying environmental engineering. I am considering specializing in either Energy or Global Engineering, but am keeping an open mind! I was born in Wisconsin, but I have lived in Colorado for the past 10 years and I absolutely love it here!

What skills and perspectives can you share with this community that are appropriate and could add value?
Although I don’t have any experience specifically in the Puerto Rico region, my family is from India, and my visits there have provided me with some insight into how people function in societies where water is not always accessible. I also hope that approaching this project from an environmental perspective and discussing with people from other specializations can help contribute to a good overall solution for the community.

What would you like to learn most from this community?
I’m hoping that this project will provide me with some “hands-on” engineering experience where I can see the impact of my work (rather than just sitting in a classroom doing math). I also hope that by interacting with the community I will learn more about the cultural aspects that need to be taken into consideration when implementing a global engineering project.

What is the next step on your professional journey? Learning more? Doing more? Please share with us!
I plan on continuing my engineering education over the next few years and soaking in as many of these interactive opportunities as I can!

1 Like

Hi Samiha, thanks for posting! Your experience with under-served communities in India will be very beneficial to our team; the more perspectives we can get, the better! Also, if you are looking for hands on experience, you have come to the right place. Are you a member of the design team? If not, you should consider attending meetings!

1 Like

I’d agree, @NatAnderson. @Samiha_Singh, even if you’re not yet interested in participating in hydraulics modeling related to what is likely going to be included in the design scope of work, your perspective would be great in framing the design in terms of adding community value. It’s this framework that will guide us through the design, and up until now, we have had limited community contact. As contact increases, it would be nice to have you involved.