Introduction Luis Duque

Hello! My name is Luis Duque, I am one of the mentors for the EWB CU Boulder chapter. I am a structural engineer in the state of Colorado and have been involved with EWB for over five years now. I have experience working abroad with water distribution and water quality projects.

Being a Colombian native, I am able to provide a different cultural perspective as well as my Spanish skills. As I mentioned before, I am a structural engineer and will be happy to share my knowledge as needed. I am very involved with other engineering organizations such as ASCE and SEI so I would be able to find technical experts as needed for our projects

From this community, I want to get a different perspective for problems as well as feedback for the work we are doing. I want to also expand my network and meet more motivated individuals wanting to help people.

Right now, I am starting to prepare to get my Structural Engineering license. I am very passionate about helping other younger engineers and also be a champion for the professional engineering profession. I am involved in national committees that seek to enhance the profession as well as equipping the future generation of engineers.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @luis!

This is good to know, as we may need additional support (CAD, codes), depending on scope and work product needs.

All very much needed for our industry as a whole, regardless of sector. Iā€™m glad to have this passion and experience on the team!