Introduction - Erik

A little about yourself – name, geography, anything you’re comfortable with.
My name is Erik. I reside in NYS and am on my way to becoming a PE.

What skills and perspectives can you share with this community that are appropriate and could add value?
I currently work in the Water/Wastewater design field and have a background in construction.

What would you like to learn most from this community?
Other perspectives regarding engineering problems found in today’s society.

What is the next step on your professional journey? Learning more? Doing more? Please share with us!
My next steps are to garner enough experience to sit for my professional engineering license as well as my Professional Project Manager certification.

1 Like

Hi @CaptFalkon, thanks for joining the community!

Where in NY are you located? I’m in NY as well – live in Beacon and work in NYC.

Do you have any interest and (at least, minimal) capacity to work on a water delivery volunteer project, for a community in need?

I’m up in the North Country.
Small world. I used live in the area and used to date someone from Beacon, Mount Beacon is a nice walk.
I would be interested in at least hearing about it.

1 Like

I’m currently the lead engineer on a water supply design project in Puerto Rico, and team member on some solar-powered water supply projects in Uganda. I can’t ask anyone to join the Uganda projects, and I might not need help on the project in Puerto Rico; however, I’m thinking of creating a about starting a floating/remote working EWB chapter that expands and contracts, as necessary, and has many experienced hands, to make for light lifting. Thoughts?

I’d be interested in getting involved. I may not have much time to spare over the course of the Spring as I’ll be devoting a large majority of my free time to prep for the PE, but at the very least I’d be happy start small and expand my role as time opens up for me later in the Spring and into the Summer. What kind of time commitment are you looking for?

1 Like

Sounds great. I’m actually going to try to assemble a mass of people, then use a ticket system to create and assign tasks. Time commitment should be 1-5 hours per week — tops. It will take time to get things set up, so your timing will be perfect. Best of luck on the exam, and feel free to post any PE-related questions you might have in SQRPGZ, and I’ll answer.