Hi everyone, I’m Joshua, the creator of SQRPGZ!

A little about yourself – name, geography, anything you’re comfortable with.

I’m Joshua. I’m 41 years old, I live in the U.S., I have a BS and MS in environmental engineering, civil/water resources PE licenses in NY and Puerto Rico, I work for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, volunteer with Engineers Without Borders, Community Engineering Corps, and Engineering Service Corps, and I’m the creator of this website, SQRPGZ.

What skills and perspectives can you share with this community that are appropriate and could add value?

I’ve been practicing since 2002, and have experience in private, public, and nonprofit settings — staff through leadership — so, I can offer a range of perspectives. My current work is focused on resiliency modeling of drinking water systems (developed), emergency response on both drinking water and wastewater fronts (developed and development), and small system water supply design (development).

What would you like to learn most from this community?

I would like to learn more about techniques and tools to keep projects on track, and advanced technical approaches to designing complex water transmission and supply systems in development and catastrophe response contexts. “Complex” is a relative term, but I’m thinking along the lines of large elevation changes, socio-political turmoil, humanitarian response, and limited funding and construction materials — that’s how I’m defining “complex.”

What is the next step on your professional journey? Learning more? Doing more? Please share with us!

My next step is SQRPGZ. I want to make this website a free place to share skills and offer back-end tools for project management. Additionally, I’ll maintain public service and volunteer work, all the while.