Dan - Introduction

A little about yourself – name, geography, anything you’re comfortable with.
My name is Dan M, I’m a Civil Engineer working in Milwaukee WI, I have experience in environmental remediation and wastewater treatment design, as well as civil site design with respect to both grading design and more recently utility network design.

What skills and perspectives can you share with this community that are appropriate and could add value?
CAD drafting skills are my strongest asset.

What would you like to learn most from this community?
Study skills for the P.E. exam in water resources.

What is the next step on your professional journey? Learning more? Doing more? Please share with us!
Hoping to gain my PE licence, and eventually go back to school to learn more about stormwater management design.

1 Like

Nice to meet you, @dminunni. Welcome to SQRPGZ!

Would you consider sharing your skills on a volunteer human need engineering project, particularly in a site grading and pipe layout context?

Definitely. When I was in school I was a member of the club Engineers Without Borders and worked on a pipeline project for a small village in Brazil that needed water. Unfortunately now I don’t have any access to CAD software outside of my regular working day and don’t have a laptop that could handle it. Are you or anyone else aware of ways that I could circumvent that?

1 Like

EWB is now offering free temporary AutoCAD licenses to teams for their projects – that can be one way. Additionally, there is also LibreCAD (https://librecad.org). I’ve heard good things about it’s use in the development context, but haven’t used it, myself.

I’m currently the REIC on a CEC (domestic EWB) project in Puerto Rico. It’s a water delivery system design. I may need CAD support on that early this coming calendar year. I’m also thinking about starting a floating/remote working EWB chapter that expands and contracts, as necessary, and has many experienced hands, to make for.light lifting. Thoughts?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduction - Erik