Alicia Wu - An Introduction

A little about yourself – name, geography, anything you’re comfortable with.
Hey! I’m Alicia Wu, and I am from Superior, Colorado. I’m currently a freshmen studying Aerospace Engineering. I love to travel and experience new cultures and traditions.

What skills and perspectives can you share with this community that are appropriate and could add value?
I have worked on several research projects, and while they may not directly pertain to water systems, I have experience in planning and designing projects. As an aerospace engineer, I would love to use new technologies such as drones to help us with various aspects of the project.

What would you like to learn most from this community?
I would like to learn to how design and implement different water systems in a community that would have sustainability in the the long run. I love to do hands-on work out in the field.

What is the next step on your professional journey? Learning more? Doing more? Please share with us!
I would love to learn more about applying skills from the classroom into the real world and making an impact on communities.

Blockquote “I would love to use new technologies such as drones to help us with various aspects of the project.”

You probably saw this in our intro video – @Luis_Duque has a drone the team used on the assessment trip. I believe they used it mostly for video footage, which can be found in the Google Drive. You should talk to him about other potential applications for our project!

Hi @alicia, it’s nice to meet you. Thanks for sharing!

This is great to hear, and your research experience will help when considering gaps in data, or hypothesizing outcomes to varying design scenarios.